- An individual who is not a current homeowner in any of the six eligible counties.
- A renter interested in becoming a homeowner (cannot have owned a home in the preceding six months).
- A person displaced or affected by Hurricane Katrina who wishes to purchase a home in the new six coastal counties.
- A new resident to the six coastal counties.
- An individual whose household income is less than 80 percent of the AMI based on the most recent HUD income limits. Please click here for the chart.
IMPORTANT: All new potential applicants must first receive mortgage pre-approval from a partner lender and submit all required documentation to have total household income calculated to determine the household's AMI and program eligibility. Only applicants with total household income at or below 80% AMI and lender pre-approval will be allowed to proceed into the program.